Monroe Legal Tips
While we specialize in Personal Injury Law, Personal Injury Lawyer and Lawyer in Monroe, Edmonds and Enum Claw areas, here are some generally helpful tips that anyone can use. Remember that not all advice fits every situation, and we therefore strongly encourage you to seek the advice of an experienced Monroe attorney for information on all your legal questions.
- Execute a will
- Estate planning is not only for the elderly. Every adult should have an estate plan specifying what should happen to your property when you pass away. While most people prefer not to think too far ahead, death is a reality that is, for most of us, unplanned. It is much better to draw up your own will and testament than to rely on what the law has in store for everyone who did not take the time to do so. If you have a spouse and/or children, it is especially important for you to have a will to ensure they are properly taken care of once you have moved on.
- Act without delay
- If you find yourself in a situation wherein you need legal advice, make contacting a skilled, experienced Monroe attorney your priority. The sooner you seek legal advice, the easier it will be for your Monroe attorney to build a strong case in your favor, whatever the charges or circumstances of your situation. Delay in obtaining legal counsel might lead to some important information being lost or forgotten, or for the other party involved in your dispute to build a stronger case – against you. Often times, you also have to allow some time for your Monroe attorney to review the case, file paper work and get the proceedings started.
- Be open and honest
- Your Monroe attorney can only help you insofar as you help him or her understand your case. Keeping details or information from your Monroe lawyer not only makes his or her job that much difficult, it is in every case a detriment to your claim or defense. Your Monroe lawyer is there to represent you and you therefore need to have enough trust in him or her to divulge everything pertaining to your situation. Your Monroe attorney will in most cases ask questions that may seem very personal in nature, or might upset you. Remember that their only concern is to ensure you come out of the situation with the best results possible, and as such you should answer honestly and not feel defensive when being questioned.
- Ask questions and get answers
- Your Monroe attorney, if skilled, qualified and experienced, should expect you to have many questions about your case, their background, the cost of the proceedings and other aspects of the law. Any Monroe lawyer who can not or will not take the time to answer these questions clearly and openly should not be trusted. You should know exactly what to expect walking in to legal proceedings, from lawyer fees to court procedures. Make sure you are comfortable with your Monroe attorney and that they can explain legal lingo to your entire satisfaction before deciding on hiring him or her.
If you require Monroe legal advice or representation, do not hesitate to call Brian K. Leonard PS Attorney today. Someone is standing by to help you take your first step towards putting matters of the law behind you. While our specialties include: Personal Injury Law, Personal Injury Lawyer and Lawyer, we offer many other legal services.
- DUI / DWI Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Labor, Employment & Tax Law
- Government Counsel
- Corporate Counsel